Fitness
Classroom
Freebies
AboutMe
Home


Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Techy Tuesday-Mentor Mob

Hi friends!

I'm linking up with Katie's Techy Teacher Tuesday for the first time.



I have always wished that I could use You Tube videos in my classroom.  There are such great teaching videos out there.  But unfortunately You Tube is cyber-blocked at my school.  {{sad face}}  I tried saving videos to Dropbox and to a flashdrive but just never could get it to work correctly. 

Good news!  I may have a solution for you!

Have you heard about Mentor Mob?  I first heard about it on Technology Tailgate and then EduKate and Inspire.  I tried it out and to my surprise and extreme joy, IT WORKED AT MY SCHOOL despite the You Tube block!!  I'm so glad Kate blogged about it because it is the best thing EVAH!

Mentor Mob is a site that allows you to save You Tube videos (and other media) in category playlists that YOU create.  On my page I have playlists for Science, Social Studies, Math, Lang Arts, Brain Breaks, Holidays, Favorite Stories and Character. 

Here is my link: 


Please feel free to just bookmark my page and use it.  That is the great thing!   You can view other people's playlists.  My librarian started her own but then just started sending me links to load to mine.  Someone is definitely using my Brain Break list because it has over 1000 views!  

I cannot tell you how wonderful this site is to have.  It has allowed me to spice up my teaching and to have lessons that POP!  Not to mention the wonderful Brain Break videos for when my sweeties have the wiggles.  Their favorite ones are If You're a Kid and Ants in Your Pants.  


Here is a short video from their site:



Again, please feel free to use my lists but if you want to create your own, it is super easy to do!

I created a short video to show you just how easy it is to add videos.  This is my first tutorial, and I hate my Minnie Mouse voice!  Can you tell where I'm from?  Haha!


I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


I'm on Spring Break and have been cleaning like a fiend!  Next on the to do list is to schedule some blog posts!  

Have a good night!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Hugs!