Fitness
Classroom
Freebies
AboutMe
Home


Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm a big kid now (with class pets)!

Evening, friends!

Gosh, the first day back after a break is tough!  It's amazing how quickly I forget that I can't go the bathroom any old time I want to.  My classroom is honestly and truly a football field away from the restroom.  The new teacher across the hall measured it, haha! So several times today I found myself doing the peepee dance myself, lol.  TMI I know, but y'all understand!  If you have a restroom in your room, be thankful!!  And am I the only one who needed a nap by 11am?

Anyhoo, my sweeties came in so wonderfully this morning showing off new clothes, missing teeth, and full of stories.  And hugs!  My bucket was overflowing by 8:15!  They immediately noticed the stack of new writing journals on my table and began begging for them.  This group really loves to write.

These aren't any old writing journals.  These are the I'm a Big Kid Now and Almost a Second Grader journals.  Haha, really just regular Mead composition books with wide ruled paper.  But it's REAL PAPER, people...not the paper with the chicken doesn't cross the road lines.  Paper like GROWN-UPS use!  Haha, we can sell it, can't we?

I let them free write, but since I model wrote about what I did over break all of them did too.  It.was.awesome.  Best writing all year!  I had to give 3 Class Dojo points to the class, it was that awesome.  They wrote and helped each other with lovely thoughtful words.  I took pictures but left the camera on the table of course.

They are also excited that we now have class pets...sort of.  As we grilled out for Easter yesterday, I noticed something moving on top of my pool cover.  Tadpoles!!  I was so excited until I realized how gross it is that frogs are developing on top of my pool, lmao!  We managed to catch 4 of them--2 big ones and 2 itty bitty ones.  They really are super cute.  My boys wanted to know if they could hold them.  Um....no...  Hopefully they won't kick the bucket like the fish always do.  I took pics of them too but that stinking camera didn't jump into my cart like it was supposed to do.  :-)

Thanks so much for the kind words about my rough start to spring break.  It got better.  My home office no longer looks like a paper bomb went off.  My flowerbeds are sans weeds and I can actually allow people to get inside my car now lol.  And I read 2 books! For pleasure, not for school!

Okay, time for DWTS and my last Reese egg until 2013.  I'm going to savor every last morsel.
Happy night and Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I go back tomorrow. That's funny about the tadpoles on your pool cover. I hope they make it! It will be fun for the kiddos to watch them develop.

    Come visit my blog sometime!

    Liz
    Stickers, Scissors, and Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I'm grinning from ear to ear as I read it! My room is right across the hall from the restroom (thank goodness!) and my teacher friend down the hall have a standing agreement that we watch each other's classes at 9:00 A.M. each day just so WE can go. =) I"m now your newest follower...I'd love for you to stop by my blog http://www.thedailycupcake-akindergartenblog.com/

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Hugs!